We have taken the difficult decision to now close Buckingham Youth Centre for all users including hirers and our own Youth Clubs. It is our understanding based from the Prime Ministers briefing that this could be for a month.?
We are in contact with local authorities about how we may continue to support the Buckingham communinity and are interested in further ideas how we may be able to do this.
Mean while please stay safe, keep your distant, wash your hands and look after each other!
Following the Prime Minister’s presentation yesterday we have taken the decision to close all youth clubs at Buckingham Youth Center.
It is not an easy decision but we think it is the right thing to do.
Whilst we do have to close the club’s we would be interested to hear from others who may be able to use our building to help others during these tough times.
We understand everyone is concerned with what is happening with COVID-19 and we are continuely reviewing the situation and how BYC operates during this time.
We are following guidenance from Public Health England and District Council
We ask everyone:
- Please wash your hands as soon as you enter the building following Public Health England’s advice;
- Please wash your hands regularly when you are at the centre, about every 30 minutes;
We ask those who are responsible for groups:
- To understand who may be at more risk, and act accordingly;
- To clean surfaces after their sessions including a wiping the door handles and push pads of the facilities that they have used.
- We will be contacting you directly about cleaning products that we will make available.